Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Remember, Remember all of November

November 1
Well hello again! Where did November go? It's been a busy month with not much time for writing or photographing and certainly no time for editing. A month when I forgot I had photos like this on my camera card. I thought you'd like to see it along with a few more snapshots from a November that's been and gone.

November 17
This is what I was doing on November 1st! More on that to follow, I promise, along with lots more about our trip to the lovely Luberon.

November 3
We stayed here.

November 2
Visited old towns and castles every day.

November 4
And it was gorgeous.

November 5
By the time we got back the last colours of autumn were glowing in our street. The leaves are all gone now and yesterday we got a dusting of snow.

November 6
My niece came to visit with my sister and beau frère. Florence was just as enthralled by 'baby' as the last time they met and was thrilled to be the big girl for the weekend.

November 18
India went to an out of this world Bar Mitvah where her twelve year old friend wore Dior. Only in Paris! India rocked it in an old H&M dress that we pulled out of the dress up box at the last minute and I did her hair just the way she wanted it.

November 19
Here's the how to if you ever need to detract from a Dior deficiency!

November 7
I visited the Army Museum and Napoleon's tomb in Les Invalides with my tour group. So much more interesting than I would ever have thought. I would definitely recommend it and don't miss the Musée des Plans-Reliefs in the attic. One of Paris' hidden treasures.

November 8
Our family of British Passport holders hosted Thanksgiving dinner for two American expat families spending their first Thanksgiving abroad.

November 9
Thanks to Picard frozen pumpkin and my favourite recipe the Pumpkin Pie was a success...

November 10
and perfectly decorated by Savannah.

November 11
Florence was in charge of table decorations. She was absorbed in this activity to wash the oak leaves I had picked up on the street for ages.

November 12
They looked just right on the table with the chestnuts from the trees in our own garden.

November 13
We set our table for fourteen for the first time ever...

November 14
and put hardly a dent in the 10kg turkey!

November 15
We are so thankful to have been able to share this Holiday with new friends who already feel like old friends.

November 16
When I wasn't busy with all that I was sewing, sewing, sewing in preparation for my first ever craft fair on December 1st. I am pleased to report that it was a fantastic experience which I will tell you all about soon.

8 comments:

  1. Well, this looks like a month well spent to me. How wonderful that you got to celebrate Thanksgiving with your new American friends. I bet they were most thankful for the opportunity (and merci Monsieur Picard for saving the day, once again...) Loved your daughter's hair too. Wish my hair had EVER been long enough to wear such a pretty "natural" bow... She is lucky to have a creative mom. Oh, and your pillows are very pretty. You might want to start a local business or sell them online (well, in case you get... you know... bored... or whatever... :-) Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love India's hairstyle - wish I hadn't been in such a hurry that night so I could have seen it close up. I've never seen that frozen pumpkin purée at my Picard - sometimes they have frozen cubes. I'm glad you got to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bonjour mon ami! first of all..did india go to THAT bar mitzvah that i've been hearing all about? wow. i wish i was invited! i am dying to hear more of your trip and my eiffel tower pillow looks lovely in my family room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a busy November. Love catching up with you here. Lots of fun stuff happening in the Berry house. I remember that pumpkin pie from last year - yum! Glad that the Boutique was a success! And WOW - what a Bar Mitzvah! Miss you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe the hair bow! It's amazing! What my daughters would do to have a mama who was able to do that.

    Your Thanksgiving looks like it was great and I'm happy to hear your craft fair was a success. Can't wait to hear more about it.

    Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back you have been sorely missed!! Great to be brought up to date with all your wonderful photographs and to see how much you have all been enjoying life to the full.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! I really enjoyed your lovely photos. India's hairstyle is fab--the girls and I followed the tutorial link and are inspired to give some new 'dos a try. We definitely have a Dior deficiency here! Looking forward to you HB post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so in love with your sewing projects!!! Do you sell them online anywhere? Etsy perhaps? If not you SHOULD!!! Hope you are enjoying the white :) We sure are... I don't think I will ever get over the magic of a White Christmas...it NEVER happened in Texas :)

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenue chez les Berries!
Your comments bring this blog to life and make me happy.
Let me know you stopped by and I'll be sure to write back.
A bientôt! Nicola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...