Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fun on the Fourth

Decorated

Being British, the Fourth of July isn't exactly our party! I remember our first Fourth, just a month after we arrived to live in the USA, when we really had no idea what we should do for the day and not yet having made any friends to celebrate with we ended up having a slightly pathetic barbecue on the balcony of our apartment and feeling like we had gatecrashed the day. Over the years we have attended city parades, hosted parties for British and American friends and last year, spent the long weekend camping. My favorite way to celebrate though, has been to participate in the community parade through the local neighborhood. It's low key and fun and everyone can get involved.

Parade

Free Lemonade

We got free lemonade from a friendly neighbor...

Florence gets chips

...and Florence enjoyed her all American snack at the pool party!

Feast for the Fourth

Later we made our own Fourth of July feast at home. Home made burgers, red, white and blue potatoes and delicious corn from our CSA box. Finished off, of course, with smores!

Smores

Happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Since I just found your blog, I've been going back and reading some older posts. I just had to tell you how gorgeous your girls are. This Fourth celebration looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenue chez les Berries!
Your comments bring this blog to life and make me happy.
Let me know you stopped by and I'll be sure to write back.
A bientôt! Nicola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...