Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Burning the candle at both ends

Memory Book
It's been quiet around the blog this last week, but not at home. I have been busy on another creative endeavour designing and compiling a yearbook for India's fifth grade who will 'graduate' to Middle School at the end of this week! Not since I was in college have I had to work so hard to meet a deadline. I have seen the wrong side of midnight more often that I care to count, Florence has learnt a lot about independent play and that laundry, it's another unwashed mountain!

Ritz
I could have probably completed the task in a more relaxed manner if it wasn't for the fact that, just like at university, I have been putting off work to go out. The round of farewell to ex-pats events continues with a big one on everyone's bucket list having been crossed off on Saturday. High Tea at the Ritz Paris with nine of my favourite ladies. This was a huge treat for all of us, inspired once again by the lovely Véronique and her post about the world famous hotel in which she mentioned that it would be closing for renovations this summer for two whole years! This was the last chance for all of us, moving or not! Somehow, despite husbands away on business trips, imminent arrival of moving crews and end of year dance recitals everyone managed to get away for the afternoon and a fabulous time was had by all. The setting was gorgeous, the food was delicious and all was going well until one of our party spotted a mouse running along the skirting board! Never mind, we kept calm, drank our consolation bottle of champagne, and carried on! Another special Paris memory and hopefully les souris will find a new home during the renovations!


P.S. Don't forget there's still time to enter my Blogiversary Giveaway. You have until the end of the week.

3 comments:

  1. Well, well, well... I see you enjoy the High Life. The "lovely Veronique" thanks you, once again, for mentioning her blog and post here. :-) High Tea at the Ritz, with or without a mouse running along the skirting board, must be something to remember :-) A bientôt, Veronique (French GIrl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a fancy mouse! No fleas on him.
    Glad to hear you had a great outing - you have to do these things as you go so you don't get to the end of your stay and freak out about all the stuff you haven't done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen mice in some rather nice establishments in Paris, but none so fine as the Ritz for High Tea!! Well, I have never been to the Ritz so I would not know. What a treat for all of you and I am glad that you got your priorities straight! Manage the schedule of all the mommy demands, arrive at the court of the mouse, and sip Champagne with friends. Fabulous!!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenue chez les Berries!
Your comments bring this blog to life and make me happy.
Let me know you stopped by and I'll be sure to write back.
A bientôt! Nicola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...