Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Bon Blogiversaire!

Merci

It's one year ago today since I started this blog. I'd been following craft and mothering blogs for a few years before and always fancied having a go at writing one myself. Then just as I was about to pack up our home and move the family to another country I finally decided that was the time to take the plunge! I set up a Blogger account, got my first choice of blog name (which I took as a good sign), wrote a post and nervously hit the publish button for the first time.

Over seventy posts later and countless imaginary posts that will never make it out of my head onto the screen (so much material, so little time!) I feel it has been one of the best spur of the moment decisions I ever made. First and foremost we now have a journal of our time here to share with friends and family which I know I would have never kept up without the perceived pressure of all of you out there anxiously awaiting another update! My photography has improved and most surprising to me, I have relished the challenge of writing. It's like my own personal homeschool!

The greatest benefit to me, however has been my unforseen entry into the community of ex-pat bloggers. Just like our real life community of ex-pat friends who I hadn't met this time last year, but who now mean so much to me, I also had no idea there was this blogging sub-genre until I started writing about living and travelling abroad. This community has not only brought wonderful blog friendships, but reading the comments left on so many of the Paris and Life in France blogs from readers who can only dream of visiting this country has really made me appreciate how lucky we are to live here. It's hard to take your children away from the only country, school and friends they have ever known and it's hard to set up life in bureaucratic, don't do it today if you can do it tomorrow France, but it's also amazing to have some of the most famous sights in the world on your doorstep, baguettes on tap from the local bakery, and your children in a class where fifteen nationalities are included and accepted.

I don't have a huge audience, and a tiny band of very loyal followers, but that rather reflects my life and I quite like it that way. I blog for our family and if anyone else stops by to read that's a much appreciated bonus.

Anyway, this is all a long winded way of getting round to announcing my first ever giveaway! A small thank you to everyone who comes here to read. I am offering one of my Liberty Paris Pillows to one lucky reader, just like the one above which I made last week for Georgia & Savannah's Girl Scout Leader who is moving back to the States at the end of term. If you would like to win one of these, simply leave a comment on this post telling me which of my posts made you come back for a second look. If you've never left a comment before, don't be shy, it's easy, just be sure your account is set up to show your email so I can let you know if you won! I'll announce the winner at the end of next week which will also be the end of the girls' first school year here - how time flies!

Bonne chance!

7 comments:

  1. Having just found your blog..and spending a bit of time exploring it...I have to say I enjoy you Friday photos...In this moment..I too love capturing moments in photography and sometimes a picture by itself and can so much!! Looking forward to reading future posts! Nice to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyeux Anniversaire Nicola. I, for one, am really happy I found your blog (or was it you who found mine? :-) Here's to many more posts (real or imaginary) in the years to come! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the very happy (and proud!) giftee of the above pillow, I am thrilled to wish you a happy blogiversary! Congratulations! I also like your Friday photos and I love hearing about and seeing your crafty projects. (I am a wannabe crafter!) I do hope you will keep in touch after my return Stateside. Cheers, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on keeping up your blog for what I hope will be the first of many years! My favorite posts? I love your craft projects--tour eiffel pillow, merci pillow, teddy bear sleeping bag, F's darling outfits. It is so hard to choose! I'm so glad I was able to see the above pillow in person--you should have mentioned the darling back side as well! It really is a special keepsake for a special troop leader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nic! Awesome pillow. You are so talented!!!! I love your BLOG and hearing about your adventure in France. So fun to live vicariously through friends....Katie W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversaire! Many more to come I'm sure! 70 posts in a year, that's a fantastic record of your life, adventures and those gorgeous girls of yours. My come-back-to posts are your sewing ones (surprise, surprise), especially your Liberty and Anna Maria Horner creations. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogaversary, Berries! I am amazed that you have time for the posting as your life is beyond full with 4 little ones. Plus, you have to soak up Paris and surroundings to the highest degree!

    My favorite post? "The Dog Ate my Quilt" when I found your blog and then went back to read every post you had made. Best moment? meeting you and dear Florence at Parc de Monceau!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenue chez les Berries!
Your comments bring this blog to life and make me happy.
Let me know you stopped by and I'll be sure to write back.
A bientôt! Nicola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...