Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes...

Bread
I think its fair to say that anyone lucky enough to have spent time in France will miss having daily access to a real baguette more than anything once they have to leave. Of course you can get baguettes in other countries but they'll never be quite the same. I picked up this one while we were in Whole Foods to have with our dinner on Sunday night. Florence was with me and as is her habit insisted on being given le quignon (the tip) to munch on while we went through the checkout line.

Sadly it was a huge disappointment for her. She had to use all her might to bite off a mouthful of the crust and after a few chews turned up her nose and spat it out on the floor in disgust! Her face was a picture but unfortunately I wasn't quick enough with the camera to capture it for you so you'll have to take my word for it.

I started an online photography course today and for the first time my camera dial is firmly set to manual. I suspect there will be quite a few more misses as I faff about with exposure whilst my subject runs away, but I'm hoping that taking control of the camera will ultimately make for more satisfying photos. We shall see..

3 comments:

  1. So true about the bread! Nothing seems to measure up to the French baguette! Good luck with your photography course! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I am not the only one who misses French baguettes outside of France :-) We have two more days in Paris... I have been having fresh bread everyday since we arrived... :-) Hope California has been a good experience for your family! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time reading this, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenue chez les Berries!
Your comments bring this blog to life and make me happy.
Let me know you stopped by and I'll be sure to write back.
A bientôt! Nicola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...